Today in this tutorial I will show you how to create a paper shadow effect of a box or in this case a note paper in Photoshop which will look real.You must have a little knowledge of using pen tools. It is damn easy and hope you will be satisfied with it by finding it useful.
So let’s get started:-
Step-1: Create new file in Photoshop, as usual size is 500 x 500 px. I choosed the background white, any light shade of gray would be good.Then create a new layer and name it “Paper”.The note paper will look cool if you use any light shade of yellow and white.Remember don’t use black or dark color because it won’t look good.
If you want it to be a square, hold down the shift key while creating it.
Step-2:Again create a new layer and name it “Shadow”.Now start drawing the shape for the shadow by selecting the pen tool and black color.
- Let’s start with adding an anchor point in the bottom left corner.
- Put the second anchor point in the bottom right corner, hold down the left mouse button and drag until the line is curved like in the picture.
- Hold down the alt key and click on the second anchor point. Then add a new one in the top right corner. This one is not so much on the edge like the ones on the bottom.
- Hold down the alt key and click on the third anchor point. Add the fourth anchor point in the top left corner, with the same distance from the edge of the paper like the previous one.
- Hold down the alt key and click on the fourth anchor point. Click and hold the left mouse button on the starting anchor point to finish the shape. Drag it until it’s similar to the picture below.
Step-3:The shape for the shadow is all done.Next move the layer “shadow” under the layer “paper”. The shadow won’t be visible anymore but don’t worry. We need to add some blur.
Step-5:Now add some blur to get that shadow effect.Select the layer “shadow” and go to Filter > Blur > Gaussian Blur. Set radius to 4,1 pixels and click on OK.
Step-6:I added some gradient on top of everything and some noise to the paper to make it even more realistic. Select the layer “paper” and go to Filter > Noise > Add Noise. Set the Amount to 2% and click on OK. I rotated it for a few degrees, around 5 and added some text, font is Segoe Print.
Create a new layer and move it on top of all others. Select the gradient tool, from transparent to black color, radial.
Draw the gradient like in the picture below. Change the layer opacity to around 20%.
Now you are completely done with the all new product.It is so easy. Ain’t it?
Be in touch for more useful tutorials.
You may like how to create a paper curl effect in photoshop.